I have been dragging this recipe for a long time. The main reason is that I think that the egg yolk recipe I wrote before has already made the steps and problems clear, and then I write it again and again. However, since I promised the cook to write a more clear picture about how to use the butter to make the crispy layer, let's write now. In addition to solving the problems mentioned above, this recipe will add other points. Explain in advance that this recipe is a supplement to some questions about egg yolk cake and citron cake. It does not involve the production process, and the pictures are rare. The main recipe for egg yolk cake is here, which contains detailed analysis of the production process and common problems: https://www.xiachufang.com/recipe/101859602/ and two supplementary recipes, including: (1) For all the materials in the egg yolk recipe, link: https://www.xiachufang.com/recipe/101873577/(2) picking and processing of lard, fried bean paste, fresh salted egg yolk, link: https: //www.xiachufang.com/recipe/101867410/ (If you want to buy ready-made packaging, please ignore this recipe) In general, the lard is the best, the butter is the second, and the vegetable oil is the worst. but why? There seems to be no recipe to explain this. I have always thought that Chinese dim sum with lard is the best combination of lard and crisp, so I have never tried to make other crispy materials. But later, because I made a fragrant crisp, I felt that this kind of crispy pastry was better than butter, so I used butter for the fragrant cake. After the two have been done, there is a comparison. I can probably know where the difference is, but the difficulty lies in how to adjust the recipe. Because the materials used by each person may not be exactly the same, the amount of lard and moisture in the recipe for the buttery crispy/yolk-flavored recipe I gave is for reference only. Don't expect a recipe to go down the world, the seasons are different, the weather is dry and humid, and even some materials (such as lard) will affect the dryness and wetness of the oily skin during the operation and the good looks, the best way I learned to adjust according to the actual situation. This recipe is more suitable for cooks who have made lard and buttered egg yolks. Kitcheners who have never done egg yolks are not suitable for this recipe. Please go to https://www.xiachufang.com/recipe/101859602/ to write this recipe. I want to tell everyone that more important is a thought, then Under the premise of this idea, make adjustments according to the actual situation. If I can bring you this change, then I am really happy. Finally, I wish you all a happy Mid-Autumn Festival.
In the recipe for lard, the source of water is only the water in the water-oil material. But in butter recipes, the source of moisture includes not only the water in the oily skin but also the butter in the oily pastry. (The butter we use contains water as long as it is not dehydrated butter). When the water is too much, the texture is easy to blur. So, if you use butter, don't copy the recipe of the lard! The lines are easy to blur! If you use butter, the oily skin will have less water. (This is very important!) As shown in the figure, the left side is the circle pattern of the recipe for the lard version. On the right is a circle pattern that reduces the amount of water by 7g. (Obviously, the right level is much more obvious. So the finished product on the right is also better.)
If you replace the lard with the lard version of the recipe & butter, the moisture in the oily skin should be lowered. For example, to make 16 egg yolks, the water consumption is reduced by 7g first.
Next, add all the water and oil skin materials together and knead them into a group. When you move to the mat to prepare the kneading dough, if you feel that the oily skin is very dry, add 1g of water and continue to knead, so that the dough absorbs the water evenly. If you still feel dry, add 1g of water, then evenly, and so on. Stop adding water until the softness of the water and oil is appropriate. Appropriate softness means: it will not dry until the edge is rough and cracked, the surface will not be difficult, and it will not stick to the mat and can not be buckled. (ps: The recipe I gave, the amount of water has been adjusted, it is not recommended to reduce it. Steps 2 and 3 are for the advice of adjusting other lard recipes, not to mention the amount of recipes I give. Reduce the amount).
The amount of 16 egg yolks, the crisp portion generally requires 60g lard. If you use butter instead of lard, you can use between 60 and 70g. Appropriate hardness of the pastry: Put the pastry on the mat, press it slightly, as long as it won't stick to it, it will be difficult to buckle.
Sometimes, the same lard version of the recipe, this time the texture may be clear, the next time the texture is blurred, one of the reasons for this is: material replacement. The same material, for different brands, the finished product may have different levels of crisping. For example, flour, lard. Different brands of flour have different water absorption properties, which have an impact on the crispness of the crisping level. The degree of softness and hardness of lard after refrigeration has an effect on the level of shortening. If the lard after 30 minutes of refrigeration is still soft (similar to the degree to which the butter is softened until the finger can be easily flattened), the amount of lard in the oil/fresh material in the recipe should be reduced, otherwise the oily cake will be sticky. The finished grain will not look good. If the lard is not soft enough after refrigerating, the finger can be easily flattened without changing the dosage.
The same lard version of the recipe, too soft lard and normal soft lard made of oily skin oil hardness is not the same, indirectly affect the finished product crisp level. It is too soft and too sticky (even if it is difficult to buckle off on the mat). The oily layer of the oil will not look good, so we can reduce the amount of lard or 3 by 3 to avoid this situation. ~5g water volume. Ps: The picture is a picture found on the Internet.
-------------- Here is the dividing line --------------- Below I summarize some of the egg yolk crispy / crispy crisp, crispy level Good-looking key steps 8~13. A total of 8 key points.
(1) To make matcha/fragrant yolk cake or fragrant crisp, the water and oil skin must be licked to the film, otherwise it is easy to break the skin and leak.
(2) Oil dough and pastry dough should have the same hardness and hardness, and should not be too dry or too sticky (for example, it is difficult to buckle when the mat is stuck). (3) The oil-skin package is very important! Very important! Very important! (Only for Matcha/Purple Potato Egg Yolk, the original egg yolk is neglected) Whether the package is evenly and directly affects whether the top of the finished product looks good. Specific package method: the oil skin is flat, and the round skin with thin edges at the middle is added, and then the oil is crispy. Use the tiger's mouth to close the mouth (as shown in the figure, use the tiger's mouth to turn the oil skin and push the oil on the skin). The smaller the push is until the mouth is closed, 揪Remove the excess skin, put the mouth down, and then operate the next oil bag. This step of oily bag oil is completed well or not, and can be seen after the first opening. After the first opening, look at the coverage of the pastry in the oil skin. If you can't see the oil skin part, congratulations, it's a good package. This way you can skip point (4) below. (4) (In fact, don't worry if you don't have a good package, because you have to operate it many times before you can evenly pack it). After the first roll-up, cut off the oily skin at both ends of the edge, and don't be afraid to leak it. Just glue it together.
(5) The main points of the first roll: length to 16cm (pictured, thumb and index finger open, than the length of 'L'), the width should not be wide, to be regular. Thin both ends before rolling up. (6) The main point of the second volume: the longer the length of the split, the more the number of finished turns. Be wide. Be regular. Both ends should be thinner. Roll up from the end of the edge of the oily cake. (ps: It is recommended to open the length of 19~20cm, too long, but the level will be blurred).
(7) After the second roll and slack is completed, cut in half from the middle to see the clarity of the circle pattern to know whether the finished ring (especially the top line) is clear. If it is not clear, adjust the grease (butter/leat) or water usage in the recipe for the next operation. The picture shows a clear circle of lines.
(8) After half-cutting, squashing (to ensure the circle pattern in the middle), in turn, into a thin round skin with a thin intermediate edge. The circle must be bigger and better.
(8) After the stuffing is finished, the egg yolk crisps should be placed on the mat, and the hands should be placed up and down on both sides of the green body. Next, place the green body on the palm of the hand, place the palm of the other hand on the top of the green body, and circle the green body, as shown on the right. Finally, gently press the top of the green body, otherwise the top of the finished product will be sharp.
Toon stuffing. The formula of the fragrant stuffing was slightly changed according to the recipe of the @Eeeki 喵 喵 leaf. That recipe is very simple and practical, very good, like one! You can refer to the next. Because I like the taste of the toon, I feel that the original taste of the steamed bread is not heavy enough, and it is covered with the buttery milk flavor, so I made the following adjustments: 350g big nail head block (weight after peeling) 100g light cream 150g condensed milk 30g of sunflower oil (similar to the light oil) can be used for about 1.5 hours, in which steamed steamed buns for 50 minutes and the frying step took 10-11 minutes. For specific steps, please see the recipe for Xiaoye Ye, and you will find it. The recipe for the fragrant filling is for reference only, depending on the individual taste.
Please see the above steps.